I love the fact that Tone House uses so many pieces of equipment - ropes, TRX, Rip Trainer, Medicine balls...you name it. Its like being in a fitness “toy” store - LOVE!!! What is your favorite piece of equipment and what exercise do you love to do with it?
Right now it’s gotta be the 80 lb Resistance Harness! Gallops on the Harness are a killer total body exercise that really works on my cardiovascular endurance, strength training, body control, and also burns mega calories.
In your bio you mention you do adventure runs? I can imagine what that is but...what is it exactly?
Adventure runs are crazy, fun, and challenging team events that usually last 24-48 hours and span anywhere from 50 miles and up. The last one I completed was Reach the Beach in New Hampshire with a team of friends and colleagues. It was a 200-mile relay race that began in Bretton Woods and ended at the Atlantic Ocean on Hampton Beach. Each team member has several relay legs that range from as little as 3 miles to 8 miles that end up equaling 200 miles total. If you’re not running your leg of the relay, then you are in a van cheering your runner on until they’ve reached the transition station to pass the ‘baton’ to the next runner. The trail takes you through the woods, fields, highways, and neighborhoods of New Hampshire and continues throughout the night; so it’s possible to find yourself running 6 miles, uphill, at 3 am in the dead of night, in the forest with only a headlamp to light the way (which is what happened to me one year). Quite surreal, scary, and invigorating all at the same time!
Name 3 things that get you motivated to move?
MY HEALTH: Working out at Tone House and being able to use my body functionally is a privilege that I don’t take for granted.
MY YOUTH: Age is just a number and I truly believe you’re only as old as you feel. Fitness and Tone House keeps me feeling like a spring chicken every single day!
MY FOODIE-OBSESSION!: One of the main reasons I work out so hard is so I can eat. I make intelligent food choices and maintain a healthy diet 80% of the time. The other 20% believes you still gotta enjoy the deliciously beautiful things in life........gelato, french toast, and champagne being some of them : )
There is a Jamaican phrase that goes: “Small axe chop dung big tree” - you have to say it with an accent. Translation: A small axe has the potential to fall a big tree. Meaning: Never underestimate the size of a person
I ask because sometimes people assume I won’t be able to...or I can’t because of my size. But you are one strong lady! I think I know your answer but...True or False small axe chop dung big tree?
I resolve to move by:
Always challenging my limits at Tone House and striving for self-improvement physically, mentally, and spiritually. Your possibilities, potential, and successes are limitless when your outlook and attitude are positive, confident, and grand!