WORKOUT I LOVE THIS MONTH
So my Workout Corner this time around isn’t going to be that lengthy. I hurt my back at the beginning of the month and was unable to workout. Not quite sure what happened or what I did but it put a little of a glitch in my workout schedule. I tried working out - like an ass - but my body shortly let me know that it wasn’t a good idea so...rest was required. Two weeks. I’m not gonna lie resting is hard for me. Sometimes my body just craves some kinda of movement but...I did it. After 2 weeks my first class was a spinning class - figured there was no lying down in the class so it would be a good class to start with. Then I did an at home work out. I took it back to the basics and did some unilateral training.
UNILATERAL TRAINING: training one limb/side of the body at a time.
SOME OF THE BENEFITS:
- improves balance
- forces each arm and leg to do its share of the work
- helps improve muscular and strength imbalances
- you wil recruit (fast- twitch) and work more muscle fibers than with two-sided exercise
- and the best - core muscles are heavily recruited - obliques, quadratus lumborum, spinal erectors and multifidus
- weights: 8lbs
- rounds: 3 - with a 90 sec break in between each round
- Start with weight in right hand
- 12 Bicep curls (optional
- 12 Bicep curls with Shoulder press
- 12 Rear Fly - love this cause its rear delts, rhomboids (primary muscle) and mid traps being used
- 12 Tricep Kickbacks
- Transfer weight to left hand
- 12 Weighted lateral lunges (reach left hand to right foot) with knee lift on the return
- Weight is already in the left hand now so...Hit it!!!
***Totally optional and it may be silly but during my 90sec break I turned on some tunes and...danced...my ass off.
***Only muscle I didn’t really hit was Pecs but...I still felt good about my workout. If you wanted to include chest you could do 12 One arm Wall Push-ups (no weight) or 12 Un-even Push-ups right after the 12 Tricep Kickbacks.