ALYSSA BLU PHOENIX / Line Cook / @Blu_Aces_Mod
Just have to let you know that I am so taken by your energy, spirit and your fearlessness!!! There are so many elements of your personality (that I've witnessed) that I love and that is why I asked if I could train you and asked if you would share a lil bit more about yourself with me (and who ever reads this). Thank you for being you and for letting me share what I love doing with you and in turn sharing more of yourself with me!!!
1. I don’t know you that well (at all) but from the few conversations that we have had to me eavesdropping in on the conversations (oh yeah I’m super nosey) you had while you were cooking at Bar Corvo to your IG account and to you doing WHIPPED I would describe you as fearless. Give me 5 - 10 words your friends would use to describe you?
Drag, Funny, Crazy, Bitchy, Creative, Beast & Beauty, Muva.... Lol this is what they better say!
2. The funny thing about getting to know people is that in the beginning you are privy to only as much info as the person is willing to reveal and from that we make assumptions about the person. Am I wrong in assuming that you are fearless? Would that be one of the words that you would use to describe yourself?
I believe everyone is afraid of something. Things like that make us human. But what I would say about myself is that I have grown into a person that is comfortable in their own skin. So my attitude is very I Don’t Give A Fuck-ish lol. My fear is that I might slip up on my own part. Not how someone is going to react. I can give two shits because I do it for me! And that’s the best part of being comfortable with yourself, everything else is straight dust.
3. Which of these quotes do you most ID with:
“The question isn’t who is going to let me; its who is going to stop me” - Ayn Rand
“Stay far from timid, only make moves when your heart’s in it and live the phrase sky’s the limit” -The Notorious B.I.G
“It’s about being alive and feisty and not sitting down and shutting up. Even if people would like you to.” - Pink
“I tell you what freedom is to me: no fear.” - Nina Simone
I relate to both Biggie & Pink! Two dope ass artist that actually dealt with life and transformed it into beautiful music. The two quotes really describe how I live my life and how I encourage others to live their lives. Never let anyone dim your light. Shine bright until you start to burn shit down. And keep climbing no matter how much negative vibes come your way because 8-10 times they love your positive attitude towards everything and wish they could reflect the same.
4. What is it about cooking that you love? Can you apply your sense of fearlessness to cooking?
Oh my goodness!! I’m the biggest spazz when it comes to cooking! LoL In my definition, FEAR comes from a place of the unknown. Not knowing what’s on the other side of a situation. You just never know what the true outcome is going to be no matter how many times you repeat the same routine. And when you are so passionate about something it’s natural to have some type of, I don’t want to say fear but, jitters before you make something happen.
Cooking is something that has been present in my life since I can remember. But what made me fall in love with it was that every plate spokes for itself! But it was also the discipline that I needed. The never ending relationship of being torn down and rebuilt, helped me develop a better understanding of life. You will constantly be tested and the odds are not always going to be in your favor. But you are defined by how you hold your head thru the pressure and after the pressure. Wasn’t easy for me and still isn’t but you grow to breathe, live, laugh, and love with every obstacle.
5. To me it seems as if you have a pretty strong sense of confidence. I know you have sisters who are younger than you. With all the body shaming that goes around or even negative self body talk what are some things you try to impart on them so that they can walk with that same sense of confidence? Or are they every bit as confident as you are?
Oh my sisters think they are the Cremé de la cremé and they are! LoL I let them know everyone is going to have something to say, that doesn’t mean that they need to be acknowledged. But always remember that although the skin maybe perfect doesn’t mean you are not still a work in progress. Strive to be a better person on the daily. And push others as well.
6. Ok and now...WHIPPED!!! What is it? How did you get involved? How did you feel being involved in it? And being naked (or half clothed) ummm...I love being naked but that’s in the privacy of my home. How did it feel baring all to an audience? Freeing I would imagine but...I won’t put words in your mouth...tell me everything!!!
WHIIPPED2K16 was a production put together by a friend of mine @Sheisgirly and her best friend @Poca_been_ssr. It was a show to help the audience appreciate their sexual being lol. It wasn’t live porn like some of the haters were trying to make it seem like (people were upset they couldn’t get tickets to the show LoL). It also had some amazing fashion! I was so grateful to walk for this designer & he did say no pasties, but I didn’t know what I was wearing until that day and when I first tried it on I was like YASSSSSSSSSSS lol the audience was the furthest thing from mind until it was time for me to walk. When I hit my first pose the crowd went off ! It was so hard to not just smile.
7.And last question. I resolve to...
Let everyone know that they are everything in every way, but you are never too grown! Meaning you are the THE SHIT and you are on the road to being even bigger but you are never too high on your journey to stubble, fall, laugh, smile, cry, or have someone bring you back to who your true self is and where you come from. It’s all apart of the fight of life and Im determined to fight until my gloves turn gold!