I am such a creature of habit (if you haven’t noticed) and I frequent this restaurant in my neighborhood called Oglaitros. Because I’m in there quite a bit (Ogliastro salad, meatballs and a beer please!) I’ve gotten to know the wait staff as well. While I was in there about a month ago the bartender complimented me on my dress and asked where it came from. Just so happened that it came from Beacon’s Closet. She mentioned that she loved the store and all of a sudden I got a great idea - we both would go in (separately) with $50 and see what goodies we could score. She insisted that our lil game needed to have a theme. I asked what she thought he theme should be and with a quickness she said “summer lovin”. She most definitely made out better than I did but...I got so distracted by shoes of all things. I’m gonna back and take another stab at it but...c’mon how cute are these 3 pairs of shoes???
1. Sonia Rykiel – platform sandals – $27.95 – I am infamous for buying heels and barely wearing them but not these babies - they are not only comfy but they are cute as hell. I have a few summer dresses that I can pair these “summer lovin” platform sandals with but I’m thinking that second trip may need t happen sooner than later.
2. KORK-EASE– Ava– $16.95 – Okay I know I just said that the previous shoes were comfy but...wha??? These joints are so beyond comfortable. Went online to check out the price and learned some fun facts:
-Kork-Ease was born in Brooklyn in 1953.
- The sandal, known as the “buffalo sandal,” (Ava) is the shoe that stood in line at Studio 54.
- The wedge was worn by both men and women who couldn’t avoid their love for disco taking over their wardrobe.
- In 1973 AVA was inducted into the Landmark Shoe Collection. It was and still is an iconic silhouette.
and last fun fact is these joints usually run $140 and I got them for $16.95. How is that possible???
3. Abound – Emina Rounded Block Heel Sandal – $10.95 – I debated on this pair and honestly think I got got by the fact that they were $10.95. They felt comfy in the store but...not so comfy - at all - when I decided to wear them out. I’m not that girl who will wear uncomfortable shoes in hopes that they will feel better with wear - even if they are cute. So...these bad boys will be going into the Goodwill bin downstairs in my basement.